Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Festival of Lights Parade 2008

This past Saturday we attended the Festival of Lights Parade in downtown Palm Springs. Every year my Mom's work has a decorated tow truck in the parade that we get to ride along on. This was the second year taking the kids. The girls were only four months old in their baby car seats when we took them last year. It was so much warmer out then last year but we still needed to bundle up. This year Sage was so much more in aw over the decorated fire trucks and tractor. Doug Hammer who is a friend of my parents actually refurbishes old fire engines and they are beautiful, he always has a couple in the parade.

Also closer to Christmas time he meets over in my parents neighborhood of Cathedral City to pick us up to go down the famous Minerva Street to see all the light displays on a fire truck. The street in two streets down from my parents home so we've been doing this since we were kids and now we get to take our own children.

We had a great night waving to all of the people saying Merry Christmas, seeing friends at the parade and drinking hot chocolate and eating brownies on board the tow truck decorated with lights and hay bails. It's always so much fun to look forward to doing this during the holidays. I will post pictures soon, since after loading everyone up and getting into the car and onto the freeway we realized we left our camera, I was so upset but I'll be getting some from my Mom's Boss soon. For now here are some from last year.

No comments: