Friday, October 3, 2008

M2M and JJ Virgin



So this was my second Wednesday at Mom to Mom at Southwest Community Church. Each week along with breakfast and prayer and getting to know some amazing women we always have a guest speaker. This week it was JJ Virgin. JJ Virgin is a nutritionist and the author of “The Art of Losing It.” JJ, whose celebrity clients include Brandon Routh, the star of the blockbuster hit “Superman Returns,” and who has been on Dr. Phil many times had some rather interesting nutrition tips to share with us. www.jjvirgin.com It was a lot of information to take in all at once, I kind of got a little overwhelmed thinking I needed to change my lifestyle but it was nice to see that I was pretty educated on a lot of the things she was talking about. I give Aaron the credit for that. Since Aaron and I have been together, he has been my go-to-guy about what to eat and how to exercise. I feel blessed to have such a health conscious husband that knows how to take care of himself and also keeps that in the best interest of his family as well. Everyone has their opinion on things and I think we all know what we need to do, eat right, exercise and take our vitamins, sounds so easy, right? Not so much, but it definitely jump started my enthusiasm for loosing weight and getting into shape, primarily my eating schedule. With three small children it's not always the easiest thing to stay on a food schedule. It's a lot easier to pick up a string cheese and some crackers or finsh what Sage didn't eat, so I am going to be better about that. So needless to say she gave me the idea to focus on one goal at a time. I'll be running a 5k for Martha's Village on Thanksgiving day so hopefully then I'll get down a few pounds and feel lighter on my feet.

No comments: