Wednesday, January 20, 2010

LA Marathon


So for the past several months I have been training to run the 25th L.A. Marathon on March 21st, 2010! I have been fitting in my run time where I can and last Sunday got in the car, drove, parked at a local High School and ran home. 15 miles! That is where I am at for distance at the moment. I am amazed at what my body can do, amazed that I find the time to train, run a business, take care of my family and all the other responsibilities of mommy hood. It is a goal I set for myself two years ago when training for L.A. in 2006 I found out I was pregnant with Aja and Syd. So all training stopped then. Then last year I ran the Palm Springs half Marathon 13.1 miles and now in 59 days I will be running the Mother of them all 26.2 miles! It's exciting and overwhelming all at the same time. A friend of mine (Hailey) suggested I put a count down on my blog up until race day. So please keep me in your thoughts and prayers through this journey, that I stay healthy, injury free and have peace of mind. I am thrilled that I am going to be a part of this amazing race!

No comments: